Funding information

You are a:

You are a:

Spain funds R&D costs for SMEs participating in our Network projects programme.

As a Spanish SME, you could receive a loan of up to 85% of your project costs (covering costs for personnel, equipment and supplies, subcontracting of research, audits, patents, licenses and other supplementary and overhead costs related to the project) and tax reliefs in some cases.

Funding is given after milestones (of roughly 9-12 months), but companies can receive up to 35% (or 250,000 euro) of the total funding in advance or between 50-70% of the total funding if a bank guarantee of between 15-45% is obtained. If a bank guarantee is necessary because of the financial situation of the SME, then the maximum advance payment is 25% of the total funding (or up to 500,000 euro for small companies, and up to 1,000,000 euro for medium-sized companies).

25% of your loan does not need to be reimbursed and the remaining 75% must be repaid within 7 to 10 years (with a 2-3 year grace period).

Spain funds R&D costs for large companies participating in our Network projects programme.

As a Spanish large company, you could receive a loan of up to 85% of your project costs (covering costs for personnel, equipment and supplies, subcontracting of research, audits, patents, licenses and other supplementary and overhead costs related to the project) and tax reliefs in some cases.

Funding is given after milestones (of roughly 9-12 months), but companies can receive up to 35% (or 250,000 euro) of the total funding in advance or between 50-70% of the total funding if a bank guarantee of between 15-45% is obtained.

25% of your loan does not need to be reimbursed and the remaining 75% must be repaid within 7 to 10 years time (with a 2-3 year grace period).

Spain currently has no allocated budget for research organisations and universities participating in our Network projects programme. If you are a Spanish research organisation or university wanting to participate in a Network projects consortium, contact the Centre for the Development of Industrial Technology (CDTI) to see whether there are other funding opportunities available or talk to them about self-funding.